Attitude to Learning
Our key system for managing and tracking pupil behaviour at Chaselea is the 'Attitude to Learning' system. This page outlines how the system works. The scale uses attitude centred and task centred statements.
- A pupil attends their lessons
- Teachers monitor their progress
- Teachers allocate a score out of 8 every lesson, dependant on where they have performed on the scale
- The scores are added up weekly, these are ‘Achievement Points’
- The total contributes towards a weekly ‘Reward Target’
- 6 or above is an acceptable standard
- ATL data is used to track behaviour improvements, identify issues, and to inform parents, carers, school and other agencies regarding the progress a pupil is making.
- The information is kept on a rolling tracking system, meaning over time we can build up a clear picture regarding behaviour, allowing us to intervene appropriately.