Who Teaches catering?
What does catering Look like at Chaselea?
Key Stage 3 Students:
- Learn a range of cooking skills that can be applied at home
- Learn basic food hygiene, and some more complex industry hygiene
- Learn mass catering skills at regular special events such as the Christmas dinner
- Cook for family members, visitors to the school and staff
Key Stage 4 Students: As well as all the above…
- Work towards a range of catering based qualifications
- Learn vocationally centred food and kitchen hygiene processes
- Visit working kitchens and other catering based vocational situations in order to sample the working environment
- Enter local and national cooking and baking competitions
What Qualifications are offered?
NCFE Level 1/2 Certificate/Diploma In Catering
Basic Food Hygiene
NCFE Cake Decorating
catering in action...